This issue is observed when you migrate content(Adhoc Views and Reports) from one environment to another Ex:- PROD to TEST.
Steps to Reproduce :-
1. Login to Advanced Reporting with an user who has "Advanced Reporting - Administer" right on the Source system.
2. Navigate to View -> Repository expand the folder structure and Right Click on the folder containing "Ad-hoc View & Reports" and click on Export.
3. Save the exported File.
4. Login to the destination server where you want to restore this content and Login to advanced reporting with an user having "Advanced Reporting - Administer" right.
5. Navigate to "Manage -> Organizations", Right Click on Organization name and click "Import".
6. Give the path to the file exported in Step 3.
7. Navigate to View -> Repository and check the folder which was imported and you will find the reports from Source Jasper Environment.
8. Try Opening any ad-hoc view.
Expected Results :- Ad- hoc View opens without any issues.
Actual Results :- Ad - Hoc Views generate an error "exception getting dataset from cache".
Ad-hoc views contain references of the schema names from the Source environment causing a mismatch.
Release : 15.5.1, 15.6, 15.6.1, 15.7
Component : CA PPM SAAS JASPERSOFT
1. Login to Clarity PPM as an admin user on Destination environment.
2. Navigate to Home -> Reports and Jobs -> Jobs.
3. Search for Job named :- "Restore Domains" and run it.
4. Once the above job is complete, run the Load Datawarehouse Full load.
5. Now try running the Ad-hoc views from Advanced Reporting.