In our environment we use robots for cdm monitoring. We have a use case that has come up that requires using the vmware probe to monitor vCenter. The issue that is being caused is that it creates duplicate devices in UIM. Please advise.
- use of vmware and cdm monitoring of vCenter
Release : 9.0.2
Component : UIM - VMWARE
1. Create a separate special administrative-level user on the vCenter side.
2. Restrict permissions to one or more Virtual Machines
3. Configure that user in the vmware probe
4. Cold start the vmware probe (Deactivate-Activate)
5. Check the results to make sure the user does not have access to those VMs, hence they cannot be monitored by the vmware probe and cdm will take precedence for monitoring and no new/further dupes should be possible.
- Customer restricted access for a given user account within vCenter.