For a user that is going into any project for the first time and navigates to the Timeline, the user should expect to see the labels of the Monthly Fiscal Periods of the Default Entity.
The labels are not showing up at all.
If the user changes the view options to Quarters, then back to Months - the monthly labels now appear --- BUT ONLY FOR THAT PROJECT!
The user would have to do this workaround for EACH PROJECT to get these labels to appear!
If the user is on a specific view and then deletes this view, it goes back to the default OOTB view and the labels disappear!
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Go to PROJECT01 > TASKS > Timeline
2. The timeline area does not show the default monthly fiscal period labels
3. Go to PROJECT02 > TASKS > Timeline
4. The timeline area does not show the default monthly fiscal period labels
5. In this PROJECT02 change the View Options to 'Quarters', then change to 'Months' and save the view
6. This project now has the monthly labels
7. Go to PROJECT03 > TASKS > Timeline
8. The timeline area does not show the default monthly fiscal period labels
9. Go BACK TO PROJECT02 using the saved view - labels show up
10. Now delete this saved view so it goes back to the default OOTB view
Expected Results: To have the default Monthly period labels show on the Timeline.
Actual Results: The labels do not show until the user changes the configuration.
This is caused by DE50774
Release: Clarity PPM 15.7
Component: Modern UX Timelines
This is fixed within 15.7.1 and backported to 18.104.22.168