Is it possible for an end-user to configure the widths of columns in a grid portlet? I've tried to change the widths using the gear, going to fields in the layout, and changing width (columns) and % but it has no effect in the UI.
Release : All supported Clarity releases
The portlet column width can be changed by doing the following:
(please try on your Project List portlet or another OOTB portlet):
1. Gear icon - Configure
2. Now go To List Columns - Fields
3. For the Column you'd like to change, click the Properties icon
4. Change the Column Width %
5. For example if you would like to increase it set up to 20%
6. Hit Save and Return
7. See the difference in a minute when the Portlet refreshes
8. Now try 50% and see the difference again
If the change it's not very noticeable, you probably have too many columns in the views, when that happens, then Column Width % not working well anymore.
In this case, try a different workaround such as add more text to the field's title label to get it to be larger.
For more details and discussion, check the Communities post: