We have about 180 SQL DB connections using the same login password.
That password has changed, is there somewhere or some way to modify/update the password globally?
Release : 9.2.0
Component : UNIFIED INFRASTRUCTURE MGMT
You should be able to do a global replace in the respective <probe>.cfg file.
Make a backup of your .cfg file and then make your updates. Essentially you would need to update one of the connections. Find the new password, then replace all of the old ones.
- Deactivate the sqlserver probe
- Make a backup copy of the current sqlserver_monitor.cfg file
- changing the password on one connection
- Restart the probe when prompted
- Opening the config file and finding that new encrypted password
- Using find/replace to update all occurrences of the password
- Save the sqlserver_monitor.cfg file
- Activate the sqlserver probe