This issue will be resolved via defect DE439284 in release r3.7.7. The Fixed Issues list for that release will show the following related to that defect.
- Symptom: When rendering shade area on trend chart related to standard deviation the processing performance impacted memory resource usage.
- Resolution: Address the processing performance impact when rendering shade area on trend chart related to standard deviation.
To resolve this we can take the following steps:
- Upgrade to r3.7.7. If still observed, increase memory on PC server allocating the additional memory to the console service.
- Disable the display of Events for Views on Dashboards run against time frames that extend past 30 days.
- Set the Resolution to Hourly as the maximum depth. Best to use Daily or Weekly instead, then drill into more specific smaller time frames to see the Hourly or As-Polled data.
- If the deeper resolutions are required, may need to add additional memory to to the PC server, allocating it to the PC console service. That will allow it the resources required to complete the requests.