Release : All applicable Clarity versions
Our application does not install anything on the Oracle server. There is no listener on our side, we simply use an installed and configured Oracle schema with a working TNS listener.
To understand the problem, proceed as follows:
0. Verify you followed all the steps in the documentation (below)
1. Ensure you are able to connect to the Oracle database with SQL developer/SQL plus
2. If this works, ping the Oracle database server from the Clarity server
3. If this works, install SQL plus or SQL developer on the Clarity server and attempt connecting.
4. One other thing you can do is use the IP instead of the database servername in CSA to eliminate any DNS issue