MSP Project Wont Open from Clarity - hangs on opening XML step intermittently
Article ID: 140378
Clarity PPM SaaS
Clarity PPM On Premise
- For one user, one Clarity project or program won't open in Microsoft Project (MSP) intermittently or it takes a long time to open.
- It hangs on opening XML step.
- The below error message is then seen when trying to open the project after the issue occurs:
"The last time you opened <project> it caused a serious error. Do you want to open it again"?
Release : 15.6
Component : CA PPM SAAS MICROSOFT PROJECT (MSP)
- Check to ensure the user’s MSP New Driver, MSP Version, and MSP Project Updates, Framework are all compatible with the Clarity PPM version.
- Check to see if the there are any other differences between the user with the user with the issue and other users (IE VPN, office location, machine setup)
- See if increasing the java memory limit to 800 using the steps in KB: 30712 helps
- Reimaging can help to remove the symptoms (this helped for at least one customer so far)
- If no issues are found to point to root cause, please contact Broadcom support.
- Reference: MSP: "The last time you opened 'ProjectID' it caused a serious error" when attempting to open a project from Clarity (140119)
- If the above doesn't solve your issue, see the following KB ID: 138671 - Issues opening one or more projects in MSP from Clarity PPM - List of Known KBs
3. For other related MSP CA PPM issues:
- CA PPM and MSP integration - List of Knowledge Documents (KB000071385)
- CA PPM and MSP integration known defects - Support Technical Document Index (KB000015956)