User is unable to create a custom subobject instance and instead gets error: "API-1007 : You are not authorized to process request. Contact your system administrator for necessary security rights." error.
Note: In the Steps to Reproduce below, the example is using the Status Report sub-object, but this impacts any custom sub-object.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Create a user and give them global project/project tiles/project management - Navigate rights
2. Grant the user instance view access to the project1
3. Go to project1 and go to Properties->Main->Access to Project->Resources and click the "Add" button
4. Search for "Project - Create - Status Report" and click "Add and Continue"
5. Select the user created in step #1 to get assigned the Create Status Report instance right
6. Go to the Modern UX and access project1 and go to the Status Report grid
7. Create a status report
Expected Results: Users should be able to create a status report instance.
Actual Results: User gets, "API-1007 : You are not authorized to process request. Contact your system administrator for necessary security rights." error.
This issue is caused by: DE51526
Release : 15.7
Component : CA PPM SAAS STUDIO
This issue is tentatively planned to be fixed in Clarity PPM 15.7.1
Workaround: Grant create access at the global level.