WebSphere probe unable to reach some JVMs

book

Article ID: 140246

calendar_today

Updated On:

Products

DX Infrastructure Management NIMSOFT PROBES

Issue/Introduction

The WebSphere probe finds all JVMs during creation, but then after closing and reopening the WebSphere probe it is unable to communicate with some JVMs.  This is using the WebSphere probe version 1.74/1.82. WebSphere v8.5.  WebSphere is running on OS: Linux 3.10.0-1062.1.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Aug 13 18:39:59 UTC 2019 x86_64. PROD environment is working fine for both v1.74 and 1.82 but not in the TEST/DEV environment.

.

Cause

The websphere servernames used/had a . in their names in the Development environment. In the test build delivered by DEV, a dot (.) is now accepted as part of the a websphere server name.


In production, the server names used an underscore and no dot so the issue was not happening in Production.

Environment

Release : 9.0.2

Component : UIM - WEBSPHERE

websphere v1.72/1.82

Resolution

1. Deactivated websphere probe.

2. Navigated to the Linux machine where the websphere probe was installed and renamed the websphere directory.

3. In the IM, we deployed the new Test build-> websphere-1.82-20191115.121225-17.zip (websphere-1.82T1)

4. Once the websphere test build was deployed, we checked the status of the server and nodes and the names were no longer truncated after restart and close/reopen of the websphere GUI.


The websphere servernames used/had a . in the names in the Development environment. In the latest test build delivered by DEV, a dot (.) is now accepted as part of the a websphere server name. This change will be merged into the GA build.


In production, the server names used an underscore and no dot.


Development

servername.node


Production

servername_node

Additional Information

Please contact support if you encounter this issue and need this websphere version.