The parameterized lookups should return the appropriate list of values based on the constraint lookup value selected. However, in the Modern User Experience (UX / MUX), the parameterized lookup WITH NULL Clause is showing ALL values. The parameterized lookup WITHOUT NULL Clause shows NO values.
Expected Results: In MODERN UX - The parameterized lookups both should return the appropriate list of values based on the constraint lookup value selected.
Actual Results: In MODERN UX - The parameterized lookup WITH NULL Clause is showing ALL values. The parameterized lookup WITHOUT NULL Clause shows NO values.
Release: All Supported
This is working as design as analyzed through DE51791
You can only select one value in any of the lookups
This is a Multi-Valued Lookup (MVL), and the second lookup values displayed in the list are not restricted to the value selected in the first lookup. This is as per Design. You see all values and can filter data by selecting the appropriate value in second lookup.
- Two lookup fields are connected by a passed parameter. Two lookups are defined as two separate attributes in the object and the value from one lookup will determine the available values in the second lookup.
• Parameterized lookups will appear in the New User Experience once their API alias values are populated.
• The lookups will function same as in Classic UI.
• Enabled parameterized lookups can be added to blueprints to be included in the Details panel.
• Changes of lookup value in grid view or flyout are reflected seamlessly in the other.
• You can also add parameterized lookups to board cards.
• You can filter data based on parameterized lookups. When filtering based on dynamic query based lookup (lookup that changes options based on primary lookup value) then filter will display all possible options.