STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Log in as an administrator and go into Classic Studio
2. Administration Lookups
Create a copy of the Lookup Query from 'Idea and Project Category Parameterized Lookup' and modify it by removing the NULL Clause
Create a new Lookup with a similar name such as 'Idea and Project Param without IS NULL Clause'
3. Administration Objects
Go to Project Object and create a new attribute
Attribute name = Project Category NO NULL
Select the new parameterized lookup
Set the API Attribute ID value so it will show up on Modern UX
4. CLASSIC UX - Add all 3 fields to the Project List View and the Filter Section
Project Type (constraint field)
Project Category (parameterized field with NULL Clause)
Project Category NO NULL (parameterized field WITHOUT NULL Clause)
5. Look at the 'Lookup Mappings' for these fields and understand which parameterized values should appear based on the selected constraint value
6. Use the Project Type (constraint) field to select a value and then look at both parameterized fields to see if the lookup shows the appropriate list of values
Classic FILTER section works as expected.
7. MODERN UX - repeat steps 4 - 6
Expected Results: In MODERN UX -The parameterized lookups both should return the appropriate list of values based on the constraint lookup value selected.
Actual Results: In MODERN UX - The parameterized lookup WITH NULL Clause is showing ALL values. The parameterized lookup WITHOUT NULL Clause shows NO values.
Release: 15.7.0, 15.7.1
This was analyzed through DE51791
This is working as design.
In Classic Filter section we can only select one value in any of the lookup but in Modern UX this a MVL and the second lookup values displayed in list are not restricted to the value selected in first lookup. This is as per Design. User can see all values and can filter data by selecting the appropriate value in second lookup.