After upgrading all TDM components to version 4.8.1, including Javelin to version 2.0710.5, passwords encrypted as variables do not work.
Release : 4.8.1
Component : CA Test Data Manager - Javelin 2.0710.5
Steps to apply this patch:
1. Stop Javelin.
2. Take a backup copy of your Javelin directory folder. By default, this will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Grid-Tools\Javelin.
3. Open the Javelin-2.0.711.0.zip file.
4. Double click on the ‘setup_Javelin_2.0.711.0.exe’ installation file.
5. Continue through the installation wizard steps to complete the upgrade.
6. Before starting Javelin, you must make these two edits to the below config files:
For Javelin.exe, you should edit Javelin.exe.config
For JavelinExecutor.exe, you should edit JavelinExecutor.exe.config
under configuration/appsettings make sure that an entry ...