Best practices on setting up a SQL Server permissions and server roles for niku user
Not setting the permissions right may lead to upgrade issues as below:
Clarity upgrade on MSSQL fails with errors such as the following:
- 10/25/19 11:32 AM (ExecTask) Error message: [CA Clarity][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Object is invalid. Extended properties are not permitted on 'CLARITYUSER.DWH_CFG_SETTINGS.USE_DATAPUMP', or the object does not exist.
- 10/28/19 9:34 AM (SQLTask) Failed to execute: select 1 dwh_exists from dual where exists (select * from sysobjects where name='DWH_SETTINGS')
- 10/28/19 9:34 AM (UnknownElement) Task "nsql" finished with error.
- C:\Installs\Clarity\checkinstall\scripts\imports\dwh-utils.xml:68: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [CA Clarity][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Invalid object name 'dual'.
- at com.niku.tools.taskdefs.SQLTask.execute(SQLTask.java:602)
Or the services are not starting after a database migration