Although the TDoD (Test Data on Demand) has been deprecated and not necessary to have installed for TDM to work properly, it is required if you are needing to integrate TDM with ARD or HP ALM.
You must configure the TDoD service so that it can connect to the TDM Repository (gtrep) database before you can start the service.
Release: TDM 4.x
To Configure TDoD:
1. Open a Windows File Explorer window
2. Navigate to C:\Grid-Tools\TDoD\TDoD_ConfigEditor directory
3. Launch the TDoDConfigEditor application (TDoDConfigEditor.exe). The TDoD Config Editor dialog window will open.
4. In the Connection String tab, enter the required connection information to connect to the gtrep database.
6. If the connection is successful, click the Save button to save the configuration.
7. Click the Start Service button to start the TDoD Service.
Once the service is running you will need to configure the GTService Layer URL:
1. Select the Configure Portal Tab
2. Modify the Service URL: field and replace <<machinename>> with the TDM Portal Hostname
4. Verify the connection by clicking the Verify button
5. Save the configuration by clicking the Save button.
6. Optional - Click the Backup button to make a Backup copy or the configuration file.
If you are running TDM 4.9, and have TDM Portal version 18.104.22.168 or greater, you can try connecting ARD to the repository using the native TDMService for the TDM Portal. However, you might experience some odd, unexpected behavior. The TDMService has not been certified by the ARD Product Development team, and is not officially supported. If you experience unexpected results while using the TDMService, please install and configure the TDoD (GTService) component and use it for your TDM/ARD integration.
To connect ARD to TDM simply replace the TDoD Service URL, in the Repository Connector, with https://<TDM_Portal_Host>:8443/TDMService. For example: