Attempt to update parameter groups in /PARMS fails with
N11A02 OPERAND ACCESS=READ IS INVALID OR IN ERROR.
Nothing changed in UAMS or the region.
Release : 12.1 or 12.2
Component : SOLVE:FTS
The first thing to do is ensure this PTF is applied:
SO07529 for 12.1
SO07528 for 12.2
If the PTF is applied and the problem persists there may be a problem with the VFS file.
Possible solutions (in order of probable success:
1. Go to /PARMS and update the parameter group $NM CMDREPLS
Add the word ALLOCATE to the list then use F6 to action it and F3 to file it.
If that works, try to update the parameter group that was previously failing.
2. If you have a second region that is configured in a similar manner, create an INIFILE on both the problem system and the working system, and compare the two for differences.
Depending on what you find, you may want to either
- manually make changes to the INIFILE of the working system to match your problem system
(i.e system name, dataset names, etc)
- make corrections to the INIFILE on the problem system
then activate the corrected INIFILE in the RUNSYSIN of your problem system, cycle the region and see if the problem is corrected.
3. If the region has not been running long and has not been customized, try changing the RUNSYSIN to use INIRESET=YES.
This will reset all parameters back to the initial settings from initial installation.
NOTE: USE WITH CAUTION as this will remove ALL customization since the very first startup of the region.