Occasionally we see error occurs when trying to publish data from TDM Portal 188.8.131.52 using a generator to publish to XML.
The error states:
"Error Publishing XML: Failed to clean derived tables , Error : 500 null" when attempting to use a generator in the Portal (release 184.108.40.206) to publish for XML. Looking through the TDM Portal logs we see the following errors at the time the publish job runs:
2019-10-03 17:48:20.513 UTC [DEBUG] [https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-4] --- [U:Administrator][M:POST][P:/api/ca/v1/objects/14566/actions/deleteData] c.c.t.s.r.ShredderDataSource: Update Command was DELETE FROM [MEF18F1040_14566].[Return_tdm_root] WHERE SHRED_ID IN(SELECT TOP 200 SHRED_ID FROM [MEF18F1040_14566].[Return_tdm_root])
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The query has timed out.
Is there a way to increase the timeout value?
Release : 4.8
Component : CA Test Data Manager
The query timeout can be adjusted by updating the C:\Program Files\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\conf\ catdmshredder.properties file. The setting can be found on line 34. By default the db_query_timeout id set to 30 seconds, try changing db_query_timeout=300 to give the query more time to complete.
1) Stop the CA Test Data Manger Portal Service.
2) Open a File Explorer and navigate to %ProgramData%\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\logs and delete the logs.
3) In the File Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\conf directory
4) Open catdmshredder.properties file for Edit in the text editor of your choice.
5) Locate db_query_timeout=30 (line 34)
6) modify the line to read db_query_timeout=300 to increase the timeout from 30 seconds to 300 seconds.
7) Save the changes to the file.
8) Restart the CA Test Data Manager Portal Service.