Some of the ACLs created in Infrastructure Manager are not visible in Account Admin in the Operator console.
The 2 lists of ACLs are not in synch. Why?
Release : UIM 9.x / 20.x
Component : UIM - HUB
Missing configuration in IM. Patch needed if the option "Make ACL permissions available for Account/Contacts" is not visible:
Steps to apply the patch (nimbus.dll) attached:
The patch has to be applied manually by replacing the binary(nimbus.dll) in the machine where the UIM server is installed. Please follow the steps below:
1) Close the Infrastructure Manager application
2) Go to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\lib”. Take a backup of the file nimbus.dll by moving to another folder
3) Copy the updated nimbus.dll to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\lib”
Note: make sure to rename the downloaded file from the KB to nimbus.dll
4) On command prompt, run the following command to register the DLL
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\lib\nimbus.dll"
5) Start IM GUI and go to Security=>"Manage Access Control List...".
6) Click on any ACl which is manually created and click on "Make ACL permissions available for Account/Contacts" check box showed in same window.
Once you click this check box, just refresh the UMP window. This ACl will start showing in accout admin portal on UMP.
7) Repeat #6 for all manually created ACL's.
NOTE: In the above steps, replace “C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft" with the appropriate path where IM is installed.
Conditions to work:
1 - The new Checkbox with the new DLL's will work just in the Primary Hub
2 - The IM install on the Primary Hub MUST be at the SAME Nimsoft install folder
3 - Finally the IM to be used MUST be the IM from the Primary Hub
4. The backend database must be MSSQL - this will not work with MySQL or Oracle! On those platforms, ACLs should be created only in AccountAdmin and they will sync back to IM, but the reverse is not true.