What are MII functions where GRS does not have. Is there a comparison list of MII and GRS functions?
Release : 12.5
Component : MIM
There are no comparison list for MII and GRS functions.
MII can process mainly as follows ;
• Supports diverse configurations—that is, sysplex, non-sysplex, and mixed. No matter how your
DASD sharing requirements change with respect to sysplex, Unicenter CA-MII will be able to support
it. Think of running Unicenter CA-MII as “insurance” for the future!
• Supports many different communication methods—that is, DASD, CTC, XCF, or XES list structures
• Allows you to monitor current ENQ performance in real-time using operator-friendly display
• Keeps track of historical ENQ information via operator display commands or via SMF recording
• Can be used to expedite the resolution of local and global ENQ conflicts by sending informational
messages to operators and TSO users
• Can requeue batch jobs to free up initiators, and increase batch job throughput
• Prevents DSCB attribute changes of a data set, preventing it from becoming corrupted and unusable
• Prevents simultaneous DISP=SHR updates, maintaining data integrity in situations where existing
ENQ serialization is not sufficient
• It's work can be offloaded to ZIIP engines which reduces the cost of ownership.