1. Initiate Upgrade from either 15.3.0, 15.4.0 or 15.4.1 versions.
2. You will prompted to enter Java 8 Path as one or more releases use this version. The message looks similar to the one below.
(Echo) At least one release in the release list requires JDK 1.8.
(Echo) Oracle Java SE JDK 1.8 build 191 (64-bit) or higher patch level is recommended.
(Echo) Refer to the installation guide.
3. Enter the Path to JDK8 Installation which is on your Server.
Expected Results :- Upgrade Proceeds to the next step.
Actual Results :- Upgrade Fails with the Following Error message.
(SetupUtil) J2SDK 1.8 Home Directory [C:\Java\jdk1.8.0_221] :
(UnknownElement) Task "setuputil" finished with error.
This is a defect DE53174 where upgradeReleases.Properties file in the extracted install.jar doesn't have proper reference to JDK8 causing the upgrade to fail at JDK8 version validation.
Release: Upgrade to 15.7 and 15.7.1 from 15.3 on wards
Component: CLARITY PPM INSTALLATIONS & UPGRADE
1. Edit upgradeReleases.properties located at $TEMP\PPM157_INSTALL directory.
2. Navigate to the bottom of the file and find the following lines.
jdk.1.8.default.message=Oracle Java SE JDK 1.8 build 191 (64-bit) or higher patch level is recommended.
3. Modify the value of jdk.1.8.checkType from "JDK" to "JDK8".
4. Re-run the Upgrade script.