Any CA Application Performance Management release.
1) Stop the desired enterprise manager.
2) Go to EM_HOME >> CONFIG folder
3) Open the file "apm-events-thresholds-config"
4) Change below entry, by default it is set to store 1024Mb:
The maximum desired disk usage in MB for the trace storage. If this maximum is exceeded,
then the daily historical trace stores will be deleted starting with the oldest first
until the total historical trace storage size is below this value.
The current days trace store actively storing traces will not be deleted even if
its size exceeds this property value. The size of the trace index is not considered
when determining what historical trace stores to delete.
5) Save the file with the desired value.
6) Start the enterprise manager.
This is a guidance about how to manage traces storage, any changes inside this file can brings seriously performance problem to the cluster, make sure to have fully covered before change any entry.
For further about performance matters, please check: