We currently have the SNC2 feature active that will delete a data set if a job is submitted that will catalog the same data set, we need to see a log of this activity.
How do I turn that on and is there a specific message that is created, is it stored in the task DD?
We are on Allocate 12.5 and Vantage 14.
Release : 14.0
Component : CA Vantage Storage Resource Manager
The following is a checklist if the Message Control Facility is not working as expected.
Set-up CA Allocate
· Run the WTOSMP member in the CCTVJCL library with your VDSWTOI (sample is in CCTCSAMP) to apply the usermod
· Check the Allocate VKGPARMS member for SUPLS (Y)
· Check the Allocate VKGPARMS member for SUBSYSN and set it to the same value (xxxx) as in the Vantage VKGPARMS
· Restart the Allocate task
Set-up CA Vantage
· Check the Vantage CONFIG member for COMP=RCDSP to be enabled/uncommented
· Check the Vantage VKGPARMS member for SUPLS (Y)
· Check the Vantage VKGPARMS member for SUBSYSN (xxxx)
· Restart the Vantage task
User View based in the Vantage GUI by saving the view "CA Vantage
Messages" to e.g. "Allocate Messages (PLS)" with filter (Number
to have a view that shows only the messages from the Allocate task
· The above User View should already show the messages from the Allocate task
· Run a test job to create a SNC2 condition with a VAM05xx message to check if this message appears the User View, too
If any problem persists, please contact CA Support and provide the following docs for further analysis:
· CA Allocate: WTOSMP joblog, VDSWTOI member and complete Allocate log
complete Vantage log, CONFIG member and VKGPARMS member