If your Windows PC's display has 'high DPI', it is possible that the Build Tool (BT), Diagram Trace Utility (DTU) and Gen Studio may have display problems where the window and/or text is very small.
Release : 8.6 with Gen 8.6 Complete (PTF) installed
Component : CA Gen Workstation Toolset
For java.exe and javaw.exe in your OpenJDK JRE bin directory (e.g., C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SharedComponents\JRE\OpenJDK\jdk8u212-b04-jre\bin), please perform the following steps:
1) In Windows Explorer, right-click on the file and click "Properties"
2) Select the "Compatibility" tab
3) Click the "Change high DPI settings" pushbutton
4) Select the "Override high DPI scaling behavior" checkbox
5) Select "System (Enhanced)" from the "Scaling performed by:" dropdown
6) Click the "OK" pushbutton
7) Click the "OK" pushbutton
Make sure to do the above steps for both java.exe and javaw.exe. It may be necessary to Sign Out of Windows and Sign In to see the changes take effect.