Questions regarding the "BND7064I (xxxxxx) waiting for work; will retry in nn minutes" message
1. How can we change the INTERVAL at which the BND7064I message is issued?
2. Why are we seeing the message on our "REMOTE" LSERV LPAR? but not on our "HOST" LSERV LPAR?
3. Is there a way to suppress the BND7064I message on the REMOTE LPAR?
CA Bundl 5.0z/OS
1. How can we change the INTERVAL at which the BND7064I message is issued? Answer: The interval can be changed by modifying the "WAIT MINUTES" parameter on the CA-BUNDL "Processing Options Screen" (Option 4.4 from the Administration menu). 2. Why are we seeing the message on our "REMOTE" LSERV LPAR but not on our "HOST" LSERV LPAR? Answer: In release 5.0, the WAITING FOR WORK message changed from being a "BND7064I" message to a "BND7064N" message and by default, does NOT get displayed.
Some of the CA Bundl 4.9 clients were dependent on seeing this "BND7064I" message as they had automation packages set up to intercept them and perform some type of action. What these customers had to do under release 5.0, in order to start seeing the messages again, was to modify the 5.0 provided CC50BMSG member and change : BND7064N WAITING FOR WORK; WILL RETRY IN xx MINUTES to BND6064I WAITING FOR WORK; WILL RETRY IN xx MINUTES And then attach the updated CC50BMSG member to the appropriate CA LSERV task. If you are receiving these BND6064I messages on some LPARS but not on others, the indication would be that the above modification was made in the CC50BMSG member that is attached to CA LSERV task on the LPAR where you are seeing them. But this same modification was NOT performed in the CC50BMSG member that is attached to CA LSERV task on LPARS where you do not see them.
3. Is there a way to suppress the BND7064I message on the REMOTE LPAR? Answer: To prevent the BND7064I WAITING FOR WORK message from being issued under release 5.0, update the CC50BMSG member attached to your LSERV task and change it from a "BND6064I" message prefix back to a "BND7064N" message prefix.