When upgrading NFA on a Windows Console or Harvester you may see a mysql_upgrade failure.
The MySql_Upgrade logs in the \CA\NFA directory have a message like below:
Error on rename of '.\mysql\#sql-9ac_4.frm' to '.\mysql\proxies_priv.frm' (Errcode: 13 - Permission denied)
NFA Upgrades All versions
Windows permissions on user's temp directory or Antivirus software running while upgrade is being performed.
We have found that McAfee Endpoint Protection is preventing mysql files from being upgraded.
1. Give Full Control to "Everyone" on the User's temp directory shown in the MySql_Upgrade*.log and the full \CA\NFA directory.
2. Disable McAfee Endpoint Protection or any other anti virus software running on the server. This should ideally be disabled before you upgrade to prevent problems during the upgrade.
3. Then run the command below in a cmd prompt with Run as Administrator privileges (if the password was changed, substitute the correct password for 'root@123') :
mysql_upgrade -P3308 -u root --password=root@123
4. If that completes, then go to the <Install Dir>\CA\NFA\migrator directory in a cmd prompt which was launched with "Run as Administrator".
Then run "RunMigrator.vbs"
5. Check the \CA\NFA\migrator\migrator.log file to see if it completes with exit code 0.
6. If it doesn't finish with Exit Code 0, make note of the error in the migrator log and open a Support case and provide the migrator.log along with the console_movie.xml (if on a NFA Console) or the collector_movie.xml(If on a Harvester) from the \CA\NFA directory.