This article describes the root cause of some errors that may be encountered when executing a COM Proxy operation after deployment to a server that does not have Gen 8.6 installed.
Release : 8.6
Component : Gen Run Time, Proxies
1. HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found
The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.
Most likely causes:
• It is possible that a handler mapping is missing. By default, the static file handler processes all content.
• The feature you are trying to use may not be installed.
• The appropriate MIME map is not enabled for the Web site or application. (Warning: Do not create a MIME map for content that users should not download, such as .ASPX pages or .config files.)
• If ASP.NET is not installed.
Error Code 0x80070032
Requested URL http://localhost:80/cstest/Server1.asp
Physical Path C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\CA\Gen 8.6\Models\cstest.ief\proxy\com\deploy\Svr1\asp\Server1.asp
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous
Under the Server Manager the role "Web Server(IIS)" was enabled but under it the role "Web Server" did not have "Application Development" option for "ASP" enabled. Enabling "ASP" installs 2 options "ASP" and "ISAPI Extensions"
2. -2147221005 :: 006~ASP 0177~Server.CreateObject Failed~800401f3
The 2 COM Proxy .dll files had not been registered on the server using the regsvr32.exe command:
On a 64-bit Windows OS the 32-bit COM Proxy application .dll files need to be registered with the 32-bit version of the regsvr32 command:
If a 64-bit COM Proxy application is being used the files need to be registered with the following commands:
3. -2147024891 :: 006~ASP 0178~Server.CreateObject Access Error~The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object.
The IIS user had no read/execute access to the directory containing the registered COM Proxy .dll files.
4. 429 :: ActiveX component can't create object
For a 32-bit COM Proxy the Virtual Directory created was using DefaultAppPool which was 64-bit and which had "Enable 32-Bit Applications" set to False
Created new 32-bit App Pool with "Enable 32-Bit Applications" set to True.
Converted the COM Proxy Virtual Directory to an Application and assigned the new App Pool to it.
5. -2147352567 :: CSUWin32Library::attach Error: Unable to Resolve Message Resource, errCode = 301, reasonCode = 126, errSeverity = 256
Had to add the Gen 8.6 runtime files directory to the System PATH for IIS to find those files. This is still required if those runtimes files are in the same directory as the COM Proxy .dll and .asp files.
Also may need to restart the actual server as restarting IIS (World Wide Web Publishing Service) may not be enough to pick up the change.
Related KB Article Id 44954: Gen 8.6 GUI and COM Proxy Deployment
Gen™ 8.6 > Distributed Processing > Working With Proxies > COM Proxy > Preparing for Execution COM Proxy Applications > Configuring and Deploying the COM Proxy Runtime