When attempting to start the Toolset (using the usual Toolset.bat under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\CA\Gen 8.6) the product crashes and no message is received.
The Windows Event Viewer section 'Windows Logs > Applications' shows the crash for TOOLSET.EXE.
Component: CA Gen Workstation Toolset
1. Attempt to start the Toolset.bat file by right-clicking and 'Run as administrator' to start the product. This would indicate a permissions/authority issue.
2. Try to perform a 'Repair' of the Toolset using one of these steps:
EITHER: Under 'Control Panel/Programs and Features' right click on "CA Gen 8.6' and select 'Repair'.
OR: Run the installer setup.exe and select 'Repair'
This is an attempt to resolve any corruption or registry issues.
3. Consider an uninstall and then re-install the Toolset from scratch.
Scenarios reported to Gen Support have found that either option 1 or 2 has resolved the problem.
1. For Gen 8.6, if Internet Explorer (IE) has been uninstalled there is a known problem with the Toolset crashing/abending which is resolved by post-WKS86300 PTF TSN86301/LU06579.
Also see the page: Gen 8.6 Solutions & Patches
2. If the problem persists capture the full TOOLSET.EXE error/stack trace details from the Windows Event Viewer section 'Windows Logs > Applications' and open a case using the Broadcom Support Portal.