STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create simple process with Start step connecting to a step that executes a job and connect to Finish step.
2. In the step that executes a job, create an Action to Run a job, select "Load Data Warehouse" job, ensure it will fail, in my case for testing I removed Entity under System Options.
3. In the Action for Completion Mode select "Mark step complete when job starts (asynchronous)" and Parameters Full Load is checked.
4. Connect step to finish step and validate the process.
5. Under Organizer->Process tab select Available process and manually start your process.
6. Let process run and observe that Progress is showing 100% and when clicking on process id all steps are in Done status but status stays in Running status. There is a messages that indicates "The job invoked from the step has failed."
Expected Results: process status should be Done or should it be in Failed state?
Actual Results: process status is Running
Release : 15.6
Component : CA PPM BUSINESS PROCESS MANAGEMENT
DE49440, Reviewed by Engineering team and categorized as an Enhancement request.
Potential workaround where you could use subprocess with Mode = Asynchronous and then put an artificial step that will wait and check for the status of the subprocess to determine if it succeeded or failed.