When performing APPLY/CHECK of the latest CA RS maintenance to SOLVE OPS 11.9 for MVS the following PTFs will be installed:
PTFS SO07789, SO07792-SO07798
I am aware they ALL need to be installed at the same time. All PTFs all say the following:
1. ENSURE ALL REQUIRED, RELATED SYSMODS ARE AVAILABLE.
COPY THE UPDATED MOD@*, PAN@*, OSC@* AND RAM@UPDT FROM
THE SMP/E TARGET DATASET INTO THE PRODUCT RUN-TIME
MODSDIS, PANLDIS, OSCNTL AND RAMDB VSAM DATASETS.
2. THIS SYSMOD IS PART OF A SUITE OF NINE SYSMODS WITH DESCRIPTION
"ALLOW NETMASTER AND SOLVE TO CONNECT TO OPS/MVS"
PTFS ARE SO07789, SO07792 TO SO07798, SO08157
3. THEY MUST ALL BE INSTALLED AT THE SAME TIME, INCLUDING UPDATING
RUN-TIME VSAM FILES, OR UNPREDICTABLE RESULTS MAY OCCUR.
4. RAMDB - POST APPLY UPDATE IS NOT REQUIRED FOR NON OPS/MVS CUSTOMERS
And only PTF SO07797 says the following :
UPDATES TO RAMDB SHOULD ONLY BE DONE BY SOLVE CUSTOMERS
WHO ALSO RUN OPS/MVS.
I just want to confirm the following :
1. That we can APPLY ALL the PTFs as listed in this case and we DO NOT need to apply the RAMDB updates because we are NOT running / using OPS/MVS
2. Since we are NOT running /using OPS/MVS what would be the effect if we were to apply the RAMDB updates ?
Release : 11.9
Component : CA SOLVE:Operations Automation for z/OS
Regarding the latest CA RS maintenance to SOLVE OPS 11.9 for MVS.
These PTFs SO08157,SO07798, SO07797, SO07796, SO07795, SO07794, SO07793, SO07792, SO07789
introduce a new class of resource – OPSRSC class 34 – and the RAMDB changes add some commands specific to that class.
So, apply them or not, doesn’t really matter. If applied and there are no class 34 resources then the new commands are ignored anyway in SOLVE:Operations.
Regarding the OPS/MVS libraries, the CCLXLOAD and CCLXEXEC libraries, that is how the region decides whether it needs to activate the OPS/MVS support.
If they are present then the new resource class and supporting code is used, if they are not then the region just operates as usual.