We implementing an auto-ticketing system, where UIM alarms will create tickets in Service Now.
We need the assignment group" to depend on the alarm type so that different alarm types are assigned to different groups.
How can we achieve this? The assignment group in the probe UI only has 1 Default Group Name.
Is it possible to assign groups dynamically?
SDGTW 2.10 and later.
Follow the steps below to have SDGTW assign groups dynamically.
1) set up a nas pre-processing Lua script to update an alarm field to the desired service desk group ID. In this example, we will use custom_4.
event.custom_4 = "name_of_group"
2) in the Field Mappings section of your ServiceNow connection profile you should not be using the mapping for the assignment_group field.
3) The Group Assignment section that appears immediately below this section is to be used for group assignment mapping.
4) You must select the "Enable Group Assignment" option in the Group Assignment section, then for the Default Group Name you would enter $custom_4
5) You must also delete your current assignment_group mapping from the Field Mappings section of the ServiceNow connection profile.
Apply these changes and restart the probe.
Once you make these changes, then you should start to see that the assignment_group field in the incidents created in ServiceNow will reflect the value of your custom_4 fields.