Users are able to create timesheets one week prior to their date of hire in the Modern/New UX
Example: If the resource’s start date is 7/1/2019, they are able to access and edit the timesheet for the time period of 6/24/2019 – 6/30/2019
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Important: When reproducing this issue, it’s important to not access the New UX timesheet page as the user until after the date of hire is added due to a different defect DE49826 as you may see some varying results.
1. Create a new user in Clarity
• Go to Administration->Resources->New
• Enter required information and click Save and Continue
• Under Resource’s Access Rights, grant the user Timesheets – Navigate at the global level
• Ensure they have Resource – Enter Time access to their account
2. Go to Home->Resources->Click on the resource created above
3. Enter a date of hire of 07/01/2019 and Save
4. Ensure the user is open for time entry with track mode of PPM
5. Log in to the Clarity PPM New UX as the user created in step 1
6. Click on the Timesheets icon
7. This should take you to the current timesheet (7/1 – 7/7 in this example)
8. Click on the Jun 24 – Jun 30 time period
Expected Results: Unable to edit timesheet and receive error: com.niku.union.odf.exception.ODFValidationException: TMA-0906: Resource xxx, xxx starts on XX/XX/XX. Creating a timesheet requires an existing, active, resource who is open for time entry and has a time track mode set.
Actual Results: No error is generated and you are able to create and submit the timesheet for approval
Note: If you click on the Jun 17 – Jun 23, you correctly get the error (unless you accessed the time sheet for the user or any prior timesheet prior to the date of hire being added due to DE49826 under investigation - see KB 134206 for more details on this issue)
Release : 15.5, 15.5.1, 15.6, 15.6.1
Component : CA PPM SAAS TIME MANAGEMENT
DE49901 resolved in 15.7
Workaround: Add at least a week to the user's hire date to prevent the user from being able to access the previous week’s timesheet (Example: If hire date is 6/30/19 and time reporting period for 6/30/19 ends on 7/7/19, then make hire date 7/8/19).