\\AdminUI\SiteMinder\adminui\bin>smjndisetup.bat --reset-password The Administrative UI service must be stopped in order to continue.
Would you like to stop the service now? [y,n]: >y
The Administrative UI service is being stopped.............
Enter the user name (hit Enter to accept the default 'useraccount1'): >useraccount1
Enter the password: > Feb 21, 2019 8:48:03 AM com.ca.commons.jndi.JNDIOps setupSSLProperties INFO: Initialised in non peer authenticated TLS mode The user name 'useraccount1' and supplied password are invalid for the directory 'LDAP'; please try again.
Component : SITEMINDER WAM UI
This is not a bug in product.
By default those jars will be available under modules (in sub folders) folder in <Siteminder_installed_location>\adminui.
While running smjndisetup.bat to reset password, internally these modules folder will not be available to this utility. Hence we are asking to copy these jars manually to "Siteminder_install_location\adminui\runtime\jre\lib\ext" folder.
So that, these jars will be picked by smjndisetup.bat while execution.
1. Copy these two jars (bc-fips-1.0.0.jar & bcpkix-fips-1.0.0.jar) from "Siteminder_install_location\adminui\modules\system\layers\base\org\bouncycastle\main" to "Siteminder_install_location\adminui\runtime\jre\lib\ext".
2. Run smjndisetup.bat --reset-password.
3. Give the user
4. Give the new password (which is already updated in AD).
5. Password change should succeed.
6. Check with logging into WAMUI with new credentials. It should be able to login now.