When running several AdminUI's, there is no tool such as 'smreghost'
to re-register a given AdminUI. This process needs to be done
manually and the following indicates how to re-register only 1 AdminUI
when there are several set for the same environment.
1. Logon to the AdminUI machine;
2. If the AdminUI runs on Linux, insure that /dev/random is linked
to /dev/urandom or insure that rngd deamon is running;
3. Stop the AdminUI;
4. Browse to the following directory:
5. Open the "<OID>.conf"
6. Record the value in the "hostname=" field
7. Delete or backup the '/data', '/tmp' and '/log' directories and
all of its contents;
8. Start the AdminUI;
9. Logon to the Policy Server;
10. Run XPSExplorer;
11. Delete the Trusted Host whose name matches the value of the
'hostname=' from the <OID>.conf on the AdminUI;
12. Delete the Admin object whose name prefixed with "SMWAMUI:"
also matches the 'hostname=' from the <OID>.conf on the AdminUI;
13. Prepare the Policy Server for a new AdminUI registration :
XPSRegClient siteminder:<password> -adminui-setup
14. Logon to the AdminUI with a web browser to
15. Populate the following fields:
User Name: siteminder
Server: <Policy Server Name>
Further information about re-registration can be found in the documentation (1).