Every time I add a new user to the portal so they can log into PPM, the system creates a duplicate resource entry for the user.
Users are first created under Home, Resources. Some users will never log in. Others may be allowed to log in in the future.
When the CA Portal adds a user to Clarity it will create the user with a username that is equal to the email address specified in the portal when the user is created. If the username in Clarity does not match the email address entered in the portal for that user, a duplicate user will be created with the information specified in the portal.
In this case, because the user was created under Home, Resources in Clarity, there was no place to specify the username when the resource was created. Clarity created the user on the admin side with a username = to the resource id specified when creating the user which caused the mismatch between the username in Clarity and the email address in the portlet.
HOW TO PREVENT AN EXISTING RESOURCE WITH A USERNAME THAT IS NOT THE CORRECT EMAIL ADDRESS FROM BEING DUPLICATED:
1. Go to Admin, Users and locate the user you wants to allow to log in
2. Change the user name to the user's email address
3. Save the change
4. Create the user in the Portal as an active user and add them to the production application (or whichever applications are desired).
HOW TO FIX A USER WHO HAS ALREADY BEEN DUPLICATED:
1. Go to Administration, Users. Search for both the locked (or inactive) and active copies of the user.
2. Go to the active user and open the properties for the user.
3. Change the username to something that is not the same as either of the current usernames.
4. Lock or Inactivate the user.
5. Save the changes.
6. Open the properties for the user you wants to use.
7. Change the user name to the email address.
8. Check the External Authentication option.
Since the user has already been created, activated, and added to the production application correctly in the portal, nothing else needs to be done. Because the username in the portal now matches the username of the original account, when the user logs in, they will be accessing Clarity with the correct account.
HOW TO CREATE A NEW RESOURCE TO PREVENT THIS PROBLEM FROM HAPPENING IN THE FUTURE:
You can do either of the following:
1. Create a resource the same way you are already doing it.
2. Go to Administration, Users and change the user name to the email address.
1. Create the user under Administration, Users. Make sure the account is inactive or locked and that the username is the email address.
2. Go to Home, Resources, locate your user and click the Active check box.
I hope you find this information useful. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this information.