The CEMEMUF is getting an B37 abend for Datacom DB NZR3500 is there a cleanup utility?
Article ID: 132033
CA Compliance Event Manager
The CEMEMUF is getting a B37 abend for the Datacom DB NZR3500, it is in 16 extents. What cleanup activity can be done that would help this file, and how would I go about augmenting the size of the DB?
The Datacom DB NZR3500 is out of extents, or there was no more space on the volume.
The CEMMDCCU utility will perform the cleanup of the repository based on age. This will address the freeing of space. - Here is the procedure to increase the size of the of the NZR3500 DB via jobs that are present in your installation to backup, resize, and reload the repository.
1. Stop the monitor component if it is active. The following cannot be run with the database in use.
2. Edit and run member CEMMDCBP in the CCEMJCL0 library to get a backup of the current Monitor repository. The job is set up for customization but is not currently copied into the stage libraries, so it is not customized. It can be manually edited and run to get a backup of the monitor database.
a). Alternatively, you can copy the member into your ceme_hlq.ceme_mlq.STAGE.JOBLIB library, then rerun CEMCCONF to customize it.
NOTE: this will delete and redefine all of your ceme_hlq.ceme_mlq.CUSTOM.* libraries, so if you made any manual edits to any members in these libraries, it is recommended that you back up any changed members so you can quickly make those edits again in the new set of libraries.
3. Job J02340DB in your CUSTOM.JOBLIB defines all the CEME databases. Copy this job and remove the following steps:
4. Edit the SET statements in the job to specify larger data sets for the monitor database. By default the following values are set:
• SET CEMMIXXS='(CYL,(100,10))' • SET CEMMNCAS='(CYL,(100,10))' • SET CEMMNERS='(CYL,(100,10))' • SET CEMMNETS='(CYL,(100,10))' • SET CEMMNHDS='(CYL,(100,10))' • SET CEMMNLDS='(CYL,(100,10))' • SET CEMMNMDS='(CYL,(100,10))' • SET CEMMNPCS='(CYL,(100,10))' • SET CEMMNPDS='(CYL,(100,10))' • SET CEMMNSDS='(CYL,(100,10))' • SET CEMMNZRS='(CYL,(100,10))' • SET CEMMNZTS='(CYL,(100,10))' • SET CEMMB01S='(CYL,(100,10))' • SET CEMMB02S='(CYL,(100,10))' • SET CEMMB03S='(CYL,(100,10))' • SET CEMMB04S='(CYL,(100,10))'
Not all tables will need their sizes increased; increase the sizes where appropriate.
5. Run this edited job to recreate the monitor database.
NOTE: CEMMPLAN and CEMMUTIL steps will return CC=16 if the plan is already bound, this is acceptable, and you can continue if you encounter this return code
6. Edit and run CEMMDCLD from the CCEMJCL0 library. Like with CEMMDCBP, it was not customized, so it does need editing. This job will load the backup data into the new database.
a). Alternatively, like with CEMMDCBP, you can copy this member into your STAGE.JOBLIB library, and rerun CEMCCONF to customize it; again, back up any manually edited members from your CUSTOM libraries if you use this method
b). In addition to the variable substitutions (regardless of method used to make them), you will also need to remove the COMMIT statements for TABLE=B01, B02, and B03.