An error might occur when exporting data only to Excel from a list, when the first field on the list is a Boolean type of field.
It occurs for any list that has an aggregation row configured.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Login to CA PPM, classic UI
- Go to Home - Portfolio - Application Management - Investments (this list has an aggregation row)
- Configure a Boolean field as the first column (use 'Active' or 'Above Waterline')
- Click 'Save and Return'
- Export to Excel (Data Only) - Save the file and Open
- Error: The file format and extension of 'Portfolio_Investments_List.xls' doesn't match. The file could be corrupted or unsafe. Unless you trust the source, don't open it. Do you want to open it anyway?
- Click Yes
- The file still does not open - an error message appears indicating that the file is corrupted
Expected Results: File should Open
Actual Results: File Does not Open
"Error: The file format and extension of '<name_of_file>.xls' doesn't match. The file could be corrupted or unsafe. Unless you trust the source, don't open it. Do you want to open it anywa