It is possible to import time using a third party tool or scheduler tool such as MSP or OWB. Below are the several different options to submit time. (How time is tracked for the project is determined by the "Track Mode" setting for the project.
Values available for Track Mode
as referenced in the Create Project Teams and Tasks
- Clarity. Resource assignments enter time against their assigned tasks using timesheets.
- None. Resources other than labor resources track actuals from financial transaction records or through a desktop scheduler, such as Open Workbench (OWB) and Microsoft Project (MSP). (For more information on how to use MSP to track actuals, see KB000022797.
- Other. Actuals are imported from a third-party application.
Note: Advanced Reporting Timesheet reports only pull in data where the project Track Mode is set to PPM/Clarity (though the resource track mode can be set to Other or Clarity)
- Imports resource time entries into CA PPM from external systems such as service management applications, including Remedy, ServiceNow or purpose-built timekeeping solutions.
- It removes the need for timesheet users to duplicate time entry in multiple systems and reporting based on timesheets possible within Clarity PPM.