We are getting ready to upgrade from 18.5 to 19.0.
What documentation should I review to get started?
Below is an overview of what you should review in order to prepare and to get started on your upgrade.
(1). Review the both the IDMS 18.5 and the IDMS 19.0 Cover Letters for a cumulative view of important information related to the upgrade for each release.
- For IDMS 19.0 see Cover Letter RI91497
- For IDMS 18.5 see Cover Letter RI58914
(2). Review both the IDMS 18.5 and IDMS 19.0 Release notes for a cumulative view of new features and upgrade considerations.
- 19.0 Release Notes:
- 18.5 Release Notes:
(3). In the Release Notes be sure to review section:
* Upgrade Considerations: https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-mainframe-software/database-management/ca-idms/19-0/release-notes/upgrade-considerations.html
(4). For complete Installation and Upgrade information see:
* Installation and Maintenance for z/OS: https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-mainframe-software/database-management/ca-idms/19-0/installing.html
The steps above are intended to get you started. For any challenges along the way, please contact the IDMS Technical Support Team, who are happy to help you.
* Link to IDMS Product Home Page: https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-mainframe-software/database-management/ca-idms/19-0.html
You can open a case with the IDMS Technical Support Team, via the Broadcom Support Portal