Inactivate some of the custom attributes from the view so the total number of attributes (OOTB + Custom) doesn't exceed 1024. We recommend up to 100 custom attributes per object.
- Tip for On Premise: To see which object these attributes are on you can query the ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES table.
- For On Demand/On Premise: Here's how to verify if you have exceeded the number of columns allowed:
- Enable PPM Action trace using the steps in KB KB000009353
- Open the SQL trace file and search by the views that couldn't be created.
- Example: There is a failure creating view ODF_PROJECT_V and the logs show 'odf_temp_view11111111111111', so search by 11111111111111.
3. You will find row: create view odf_temp_view11111111111111 as select ...
4. Get the SELECT statement from the trace.
5. Run the query in SQL server management studio. It can take a while to get the results (in the past case it took around 3 minutes to get the results).
6. Copy 1 row of the result with headers and paste in excel file.
7. Remove all data except headers.
8. Click on the row to hi-light the headers and click Copied / Pasted Special and Pasted as Transpose so the columns turned into rows.
9. Check to see if there are more then 1024 rows. If yes, because the total number of attributes (OOTB + Custom) on Project Object (which also inherits other abstract object attributes like 'investment', 'financial') is exceeding 1024, the view can not be created.