CA PAM Client does not install on a new Windows 10 system
Article ID: 130929
CA Privileged Access Manager - Cloakware Password Authority (PA)
CA Privileged Access Manager (PAM)
CA PAM client related .exe file (C:\Users\"USERID"\CA PAM Client\CAPAMClient.exe ) when "Run as an administrator" fails with this message as shown below.
This is a permissions related issue where running as an Administrator, the Administrator account on Windows laptop has to activated
Enable the hidden Windows 10 Administrator account. Please refer to the link below:
As this installer error can be encountered due to other issues on a Windows system. Sharing some related remedies.
Try re-installing after trying each of the steps below:
- Disable your firewall and anti-virus software (and all security software run the CA PAM .
- Clear your web browser's cache.
- Try downloading using a different web browser.
- This error could also be due to a corrupt file associated with InstallAnywhere located in a Temp folder on the local machine. To correct the error, clear all files in the local Temp folders:
- C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp