Timesheet Line Item Time Entry Notes Icon is not available in the Classic UI if the selected Timesheet columns have been modified and the New UI Timesheets are enabled
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. In PPM, Activate Timesheets in the New UI (from the System Options settings)
2. Go to Administration > Timesheet Options
3. Make any change to the Default Layout columns (Example: Move the order of the Selected columns or add/remove a column. )
4. Click on 'Save' and 'Apply to All Resources'
5. Go to Home > General > My Timesheet Portlet
6. Open a timesheet
Expected result: The Notes icon is visible to the left of the Investment column on the Timesheet task list.
Actual result: The Notes icon is not part of the list.
Go to Administration > Timesheet Options
Take a note/screenshot of the current settings under 'Default Time entry Options'.
Click on the 'Restore Defaults' button, followed by the 'Apply to All Resources' button.
Do not make any modifications to the Default Layout columns, but the 'Default Time Entry Options' can be changed without causing the issue again.