When the logged into the CA SDM web interface and with the role set to Administrator, the BI Launch Pad appears in the Reports subtab.
CABI BOXI is not installed and so clicking on the button does not give successful results, as expected.
How can we clean up the CABI BOXI so that the BI Launch Pad and the Reports tab do not appear?
CA Service Desk Manager
to remove the Reports tabs from a role, follow these steps:
1. Login to SDM UI as an Administrator .
2. Click on ADMINISTRATION tab ->SECURITY AND ROLE MANAGEMENT folder ->ROLE MANAGEMENT subfolder ->ROLE LIST .
3. Select the SDM Role that shows the Reports tab (i.e. Administrator).
4. Click on the EDIT button in the upper right hand corner to edit the role.
5. Select the '3, Resources' tab and then select the '1. Tabs' sub-tab.
6. Click on the UPDATE TABS button.
7. Click the SEARCH button.
8. In the 'Tabs Assigned' area, select the Reports tab and then click on the '<<' button to move it to the 'Tabs Available' area.
9. Click the OK button followed by the SAVE button to save the changes 10. Have end user logout of SDM UI, clear web browser cache and login to SDM UI - the Reports tab should no longer appear.
Next, uninstall the relevant "Web Report" options in OPTIONS MANAGER since the BI Launch Pad button on the Reports tab appears whenever those options are configured. The list of options to uninstall (i.e. status would be set to "Not Installed"):