Is it possible to export all existing UIM users and their Roles and Permissions?
• There is currently no supported method to export and import users between systems in UIM. There are multiple dependencies on the tables that are automatically created when adding users or contact/accounts and these cannot be copied/pasted over.
• However if needed it is possible to extract the information about the UIM users and Accounts, manually:
There are different concepts of Users in UIM and different places for "permissions" (ACL's).
1. Regular UIM users. These are created in IM and are admin users and they are stored in the security.cfg (hub folder) and synched with all other hubs.
--Example of a security cfg with the original Administrator and 1 User called testUser and ACL Operator:
permission = super
fullname = administrator
profile = default
password = $1$SY0cCpzO$Rn7K0wUxxxxxol5ACZMC1
description = Initially created user with full privileges
password = $1$nyeJOsZP$Zj63tWixxxxxxQPqCJu/
profile = default
acl = Operator
The Acl's and each permission is in the security.cfg in the section:
--Note about ACL's:
There are 2 places to create or modify ACL's.
When creating a ACL via IM, it writes it to security.cfg.
When creating it via Account Admin portlet in UMP it writes it to the UIM Database to the table CM_ACCOUNT_ACL > which then replicates to security.cfg.
The IM reads from securiy.cfg to see the ACL and Accountadmin reads from CM_ACCOUNT_ACL.
So the 2 places will show 2 different sets of ACL. The security.cfg will show ALL the ACL's in UIM while the Account Admin will only have the ACL's created in AccountAdmin.
2. Account/Contact Users. These are intended to be users of UMP only and these are stored in the database in the table:
3. An other concept of user in UIM is the "Liferay user". When a UIM user or an Account/Contact logs in for the first time in UMP a "liferay user" is created in the Database under the table:
Nimsoft/UIM Users Explained