ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
APM: How to tie a role to a saved search
Article ID: 130173
CA Service Management - Asset Portfolio ManagementCA Service Management - Service Desk Manager
End users who are tied to a given role in ITAM/APM may need to have access to a given saved search based on their role. Configuring for this requires some changes to both the saved search and the role itself.
APM/ITAM 14.1 or higher.
- In the saved search you are working under (ie: go into the Asset tab and access "Manage Searches"), at the top of the search, choose "Search Details" and under "Search Details", access "Search Security".
- Under "Role Access", choose "Select New" and select the role you want to associate this Saved Search with. Save the change.
- Under Administration tab, choose "Role Search" and select the role you want to associate the Saved Search with.
- At the bottom of the Role display, under "Default Searches" click "Select New".
- The aforementioned Saved Search should present automatically for you to tie the given Saved Search to the given Role.