We noticed a strange phenomenon when logging into Spectrum. If a "broken connection" exists on the desktop, Spectrum complains when logging in.
- Created a file H:\test.txt and a shortcut to it on the desktop.
- Then deleted the original file H:\test.txt and started Spectrum.
- The following error message appears:
<Please see attached file for image>
Spectrum complains that test.txt was deleted and asks if the shortcut should be deleted too.
- If we click "no" it does not start and the error appears again.
- After clicking "no" ("Do not delete invalid shortcut") many times, OneClick can be started.
- We could reproduce this issue on our test environment on Windows 10 with Java 1.8.191 and also with Java 11 (last version of OpenJDK11).
- The shortcut should be created in Windows Library: Desktop or Documents.
- There is no error message if the shortcut is in Downloads, Pictures or other directories.
- After deleting shortcut from Desktop (Documents), there is no error message.
- The error message occurs when initializing OneClick, so,after javaws has started, downloading the application and the login.
- The message appears only then when OneClick starts.
- We also tested on WinServer 2008 R2 with Java 1.8.181 and higher Java version but did not see an error.