We noticed a strange phenomenon when logging into Spectrum. If a "broken connection" exists on the desktop, Spectrum complains when logging in.
- Created a file H:\test.txt and a shortcut to it on the desktop.
- Then deleted the original file H:\test.txt and started Spectrum.
- The following error message appears:
<Please see attached file for image>
- This is a known issue reported to Oracle:
"28894454 - CLIENT_GET_FILE_NAME CAUSES ERRORS WHEN DESKTOP CONTAINS SHORTCUTS POINTING TO DELETED FILES"
- It is fixed in JDK 8 Update 202 b32. This was released by Oracle on Feb' 5th 2019
So, if you do not mind to "fix" the broken shortcuts on the desktop, just restore or delete the shortcut.
Because "JDK 8 Update 202 b32" is still a beta version, Spectrum has to wait until it is in a "standard" JRE release, before testing for a future release of Spectrum.