Solution 1: If you are seeing this issue post upgrading, see the below from docops:
After the upgrade, the folder-level or user-level security can get reset by the installer.
- To check if a user has the required rights, log in to CA PPM Advance Reporting with an account that does not have administrative access.
- In Release 15.3 or higher, test the reports by clicking Home, Reports and Jobs and launching any default report.
- If you encounter the RPT-0023 error, folder-level access permissions have been reset.
- To fix this problem, change the folder-level access for ROLE_USER from No Access to Read Only
Note: After the folder-level access has been changed, run the "Create and Update Jaspersoft Users" Job
Solution 2: If the above doesn't help, the other thing to check is to make sure the user has the Advanced Reporting - Report Create Right. If not, once that access is granted, run the following jobs in the following order:
- Create and Update Jaspersoft Users
- Synchronize Jaspersoft Roles