Customer FAQs regarding the upcoming Secure 6 BGP Routing changes.
<Please see attached file for image>Q1: Why is Arcot CA changing IP Address?
Arcot CA's IP addresses are currently fragmented across different IP network segments, these are delegated to us by our service provider.
Consolidating these IP's into one network segment that is owned and operated by CA will provide CA flexibility to use some network tier features that it currently is not able to Q2: What is the impact on transactions?
Arcot CA has invested a team of cross functional experts to ensure there is little or no impact to transactions. CA will test every change before it's deployed in production and will closely monitor transaction activity during and after the change. Q3: Are there any actions required from CA customers?
If our customers are doing any of the following
- They have static entries for Arcot CA URL’s
- functional flows where Arcot CA ACS reach out to our customers' backend
- They whitelist IP's that belong to Arcot CA's ACS URL's
They would need to update the respective entries. Q3: What is the timeline for executing this change
This project is split into three phases
- Phase 1: New IP address is added to the DNS resolution of Arcot CA's ACS URL's. Traffic could go to either of the IP's without impacting transaction flow
- Phase 2: Old IP address is removed from DNS resolution of Arcot CA's ACS URL's. Traffic could go to either of the IP's without impacting transaction flow, however traffic is expected only on new IP's.
- Phase 3: Old IP address is removed from the system. At this time traffic will only be accepted on the new IP address.
Phase 1 starts 15th
November 2018 and ends 15th
Phase 2 starts 16th
January 2019 and ends 15th
Phase 3 starts 16th
March 2019 and ends 15th
April 2019 Q4: Is there a cost associated with this change?
This is part of enhancements Arcot CA is executing as part of improving the service, there is no charge to any customers for this. Q5: will there be any change in DDOS protection for Arcot CA Service?
New IP's will have the same protection against DDOS and other security protections as the current IP addresses. Q6: Who do I need to contact for more questions on this project
Arcot CA customers have following channels they can use to reach out if they have more questions
- Technical Account managers: If you have a designated TAM, please reach out to them with more questions
- Project Managers: The project manager that helped you onboard the service, please reach out to them if you have any questions
- Support: Please open a support ticket or call the 24x7 hotline with questions about this service