This document is covering a scenario of a fresh or upgraded UIM environment v9.0.2 with the CABI integration already in place. If you face issues where the CABI Dashboards via the CABI portlet are failing and / or the CABI dashboards not loading in the new Operator Console UI using the cabi_external probe, please review this document.
Note: When using Jasper Reports Server v6.4.3 from UIM 9.0.2 and cabi_external v3.40 is supported. You cannot use JRS 6.4.3 with UIM 8.5.1 or any earlier releases of the cabi / cabi_external probes.
- UIM v9.0.2
- cabi_external v3.x
- ump_cabi v3.x (deployed to the UMP server)
- uim_cabi_health_report_pack v1.31
- uim_core_dashboards_pack v2.43
- uim_unified_report_pack v1.02
- Jasper Report Server v6.3.0 to v6.4.3
Note: You can confirm packages by:
1) accessing the controller probe GUI in IM -> Status -> Installed Packages and expanding the packages in question. Here you will find the package versions and build numbers/dates.
2) Admin Console > select the robot > Installed Packages
1. It's required that you upgrade the environment to 9.0.2 UMP HF2. The release notes and installation guide can be found below, I would suggest reviewing the document before proceeding. The UMP HF2 includes an upgrade installer for the UMP, a new Admin Console package and our latest CABI packages (bundled / external probe, ump cabi package and the standalone JRS 6.4.3 installer) with additional steps required for CABI. Also added steps if you previous had 9.0.2 UMP HF1 deployed.
UMP HF2 release notes and installation guide found on the hotfix index site: https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/product-content/recommended-reading/technical-document-index/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-hotfix-index.html
- UMP 902-HF2 - ZIP1 contains the UMP installers, upgrade the UMP to HF2.
- UMP 902-HF2 - ZIP2 contains CABI, Admin Console package and PostUpgrade-HF1-to-HF2 zip file.
Note: I would recommend taking snapshots of the UIM, UMP, CABI and JRS servers before proceeding.
2. After following the HF2 instructions, clear browser cache and access the UMP -> Unified Dashboards -> CA Business Intelligence -> Summary Dashboard. If the CABI Dashboards work here, they should also work in the Operator Console.
**If the problems still persist after the above, please continue with the below steps**
3. Confirm the UIM Data Source connects successfully.
Access the server where the standalone Jasper Report Server is running.
<Resource auth="Container" defaultTransactionIsolation="READ_UNCOMMITTED" driverClassName="tibcosoftware.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver" factory="com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.tomcat.jndi.JSCommonsBasicDataSourceFactory" maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000" name="jdbc/uim" password="ENC-7b1bf9d94856d095b4428fb576bb85629a4ddfccf16e8f1e1e4160cc36bc47d9-" type="javax.sql.DataSource" url="jdbc:tibcosoftware:sqlserver://<ip_address_dbserver>:1433;databaseName=CA_UIM" username="sa"/>
Make changes to this if required, before doing so stop the cabusinessintellignecetomcat service, make the required changes (remove the encrypted password and enter your database server password in plain text), save the changes and then restart the cabusinessintellignecetomcat service. Now retest if the UIM Summary loads data in the JRS Web Console.
4. Now you've confirmed the UIM Datasource connects successfully and the CABI Dashboards load data in the JRS Web Console, we will need to confirm if the Dashboards work in the UMP and Operator Console.
Access the server where the UMP is running.
5. If the CABI portlet preferences displays the correct CABI URL (full) but does not load, we will need to check if the java keystore between the cabi_external probe and Jasper Report Server are out of sync.
**If the problems still persist after the above, please raise a support ticket with the below information attached**
- Summary of the problem.
- UIM version
- cabi_external version
- ump_cabi version (deployed to the UMP server)
- uim_cabi_health_report_pack version
- uim_core_dashboards_pack version
- uim_unified_report_pack version
- Jasper Report Server version
- UIM Database details (O/S and version)
We will need to review the below files:
- CA\SC\CA Business Intelligence\apache-tomcat\webapps\jasperserver-pro\META-INF\context.xml
- CA\SC\CA Business Intelligence\apache-tomcat\webapps\jasperserver-pro\WEB-INF\logs\jasperserver.log
- CA\SC\CA Business Intelligence\apache-tomcat\webapps\jasperserver-pro\WEB-INF\logs\jasperserver.log.1
- Screen shot of problem IE: detail alarm screen shot or screen shot of problem error.
Note: If possible access the dashboard where it is failing (UMP or JRS), open the browser developer tools, select web console or console, reload the dashboard and attach a screenshot if any errors are displayed in the console tab.