During the installation process for CA Datacom/DB and CA Datacom/AD, the CBS database (typically, DB 006) is allocated and formatted using a disk file. If changing from a disk file to a VIRTUAL file, the CXX report maintains the old DSN from the disk file.
How can the CXX be updated so that there is no DSN for the CBS database index?
Making this change for one of the CA Datacom System databases is a little more complicated than for a user-defined database, but can still be done fairly easily. It requires changing the MUF Startup Options and a pair of recycles of the MUF.
1. In your MUF Startup Options, comment the options referring to CBS by putting an asterisk in column one of that line.
VIRTUAL IXX006,... (if this is used)
2. Start the MUF with the above option changes.
3. Run the DBUTLTY program with this input:
//SYSIN DD *
The DSN=* parameter will set the DSN to blanks for the specified DBID.
4. Remove the comments from the CBS lines that were changed in Step 1, above.
5. Recycle the MUF and proceed to use it normally.
As always, please contact CA Technologies support for CA Datacom if you have further questions.