CA DatacomCA DATACOM - ADCA CISCA Common Services for z/OSCA 90s ServicesCA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OSCA Common Product Services ComponentCA Common ServicesCA Datacom/ADCA ecoMeter Server Component FOCCA Easytrieve Report Generator for Common ServicesCA Infocai MaintenanceCA IPCUnicenter CA-JCLCheck Common ComponentCA Mainframe VM Product ManagerCA Chorus Software ManagerCA On Demand PortalCA Service Desk Manager - Unified Self ServiceCA PAM Client for Linux for zSeriesCA Mainframe Connector for Linux on System zCA Graphical Management InterfaceCA Web Administrator for Top SecretCA CA- Xpertware
During the installation process for CA Datacom/DB and CA Datacom/AD, the CBS database (typically, DB 006) is allocated and formatted using a disk file. If changing from a disk file to a VIRTUAL file, the CXX report maintains the old DSN from the disk file.
How can the CXX be updated so that there is no DSN for the CBS database index?
Release: DATABB00200-14.0-Datacom/AD Component:
Making this change for one of the CA Datacom System databases is a little more complicated than for a user-defined database, but can still be done fairly easily. It requires changing the MUF Startup Options and a pair of recycles of the MUF.
1. In your MUF Startup Options, comment the options referring to CBS by putting an asterisk in column one of that line. CBS :006,... and VIRTUAL IXX006,... (if this is used)
2. Start the MUF with the above option changes.
3. Run the DBUTLTY program with this input: //SYSIN DD * ACCESS DBID=006,STATUS=OFF,USERS=FAIL COMM DBID=006,OPTION=CLOSE REPORT DBID=006,AREA=CXX CXXMAINT DBID=006,OPTION=ALTER,AREA=IXX,DSN=* REPORT DBID=006,AREA=CXX ACCESS DBID=006,STATUS=WRITE /*
The DSN=* parameter will set the DSN to blanks for the specified DBID.
4. Remove the comments from the CBS lines that were changed in Step 1, above.
5. Recycle the MUF and proceed to use it normally.
As always, please contact CA Technologies support for CA Datacom if you have further questions.