The steps outlined here where tested/confirmed using 8.5.38. Since this is more of an Apache Tomcat configuration it is recommended to research if these steps are valid:
a. With the version of Tomcat that you're using; and
b. In a test environment. These steps should not be made in production without being tested first - taking care to test with the same version of Tomcat as is being used in production.
- Run: services.msc
- Take note of the "Service name" and "Path to executable" values.
- Open a command prompt and change directory (cd) to the "Path to executable" value from step #2.
- Run <Service name value from step#2>w.exe //ES//<Service name value from step #2>
- Note1: Please take note of the "w" in step 4's named executable.
- Note2: Running this ...w.exe is multi-purpose. It serves to:
- Validate the service name used when adjusting the memory settingsg.
- Check to see the current memory settings. To do this go to the Java tab.
- The <tomcatServiceName>w.exe binary opens a window that allows you to set the initial memory pool (--JvmMs) and Maximum memory pool (--JvmMx). Use these fields to adjust the settings accordingly for your environment.
- For the settings to take effect please stop and start your Tomcat service.